Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Balance for all freighters
OK Nor  it's coming to the forums lol

Githraine's glory mod is a fantastic mod and well deserved for putting in the work for Gith and I want in no way to diminish his achievements.

here it is  the but!

As a freighter I am now on a permanent disadvantage not being able to have access to a type of mod that is at the very least similar in stats, If there is only one and there is no way to acquire a mod that is the same, the game is forever unbalanced in favor of Gith ( again not discrediting his achievement it was awesome and well deserved ).

In the interest of balance i would like to suggest a mod

Gith's glory is

+40 Cargo
+20 Cargo shielding
+20 Engine efficiency

I would like to see a mod that is freighter only, with the same stats at maybe a slightly reduced capacity, let's say 10% less for example  to allow Gith to shine with his achievement but not be OP and unbalanced towards all the other freighters in the galaxy.

Haulers Hurrah

+36 cargo
+18 Cargo Shielding
+18 Engine Efficiency

lvl 60
Freighter only

Can be either purchased or a reward as part of a task, however achieving lvl 60 is a pretty decent achievement.

I believe this is the right thing to do to maintain a quorum of balance among the class, I do not believe it is fair in any way for a ship of the same class not to be able to acquire similar stats through regular game play.

I also believe the first fighter and scout to 60 should receive a personalized mod class only with others able to acquire a similar non personalized one when they hit 60

60 is a big deal, and was kinda anti climactic
Cheers

Phayz Darray
I like this idea of rewards for first Fighter and first Scout! I suspect Loco would also approve. Big Grin
Though I do like the first award idea, I would suggest that the award is allowed to be purchased by any other member of the class but at a high price while the first person gets it free (e.g any freighter can buy Gith's glory at some $100mil). This way the first player to get to the threshold gets the bragging rights (having a name on a powerful mod), they get an award (they get the mod for free), but they are not put too far ahead by the gift (other members of the class can buy the mod).
Lancer, Pilot of The Silence

"I will not stop ranting until there is nothing to rant about"
(04-01-2020, 01:14 AM)Lancer Wrote: Though I do like the first award idea, I would suggest that the award is allowed to be purchased by any other member of the class but at a high price while the first person gets it free (e.g any freighter can buy Gith's glory at some $100mil). This way the first player to get to the threshold gets the bragging rights (having a name on a powerful mod), they get an award (they get the mod for free), but they are not put too far ahead by the gift (other members of the class can buy the mod).

I like this suggestion, the custom mods are pretty far out with unbalancing.
There's a rep-based clone of Gith's Glory that can be purchased from Gem now. I'm working on more class-specific mods as well.
----
Gem Developer
[N8] is my homeboy