Poll: ___
Upvote
____
Downvote
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Guild] Flyers/advertising
(06-17-2020, 04:12 PM)Haggis Wrote:
(06-17-2020, 04:09 PM)Overlord09 Wrote:
(06-17-2020, 03:58 PM)Haggis Wrote: There is a guild recruitment channel on the Gemini Discord server that is *perfect* for guild recruitment flyers.  I know not everyone has Discord access, though.
Sadly I don’t Sad

Does anybody else in your guild have access?  You could always designate a specific "Recruitment Officer" of something like that.  And then berate/cajole them into posting there Smile

The flyer idea does sound kinda neat, but heck if I know a good way to implement it, heh.
Hm.......I don’t quite know yet. Right now we just use guild chat for talking. Also, what if other people can’t use discord? How are they gonna see the recruitment flyers?
“Do DeAd RaT’s carRy dISeaseS???” 
*eats rat*
Oozy rat in a sanitary zoo
Overlord09 Wrote:Hm.......I don’t quite know yet. Right now we just use guild chat for talking. Also, what if other people can’t use discord? How are they gonna see the recruitment flyers?

Well, you could have answered that question yourself... Wink

There is a simple "lightweight" solution for people who don't like discord (with all its bells & whistles): an old chat protocol on which the discord chat system is based. It's quite rustic, but it still works like a charm. It's called IRC and even better: irc-clients are available but not required. There are a few server networks around (such as FreeNode) who offer an easy-to-use web-based client: FreeNode IRC Kiwi WebClient.

As a proof of concept I run a general Gemini gossip (gossip, rumors, intel, fire sales, etc... Wink channel there. The channel is aptly named #Gemini-Chat (don't forget the # prefix for a channel!) 

Guilds can easily create their own channels (slightly better & longer history buffers), and the people who created the channel can also regulate access to it. You could even require a password for access if you want to.
Note: I absolutely am not trying to compete or supersede the in-game global chat!!! 
lol, I already use that @MadManix. We already set up a CT channel but (for most ppl) it doesn’t really work :/
*eats rat*
I think guild flyers are a great idea when visiting locations, gives the game some added life and immersion. As an added bonus, it minimizes guild recruitment messages through global chat.
So then we can actually talk about guild related things
*eats rat*
Since this a game of high tech and spacecrafts why not make the flyers look like holographic banners?
Kind of like the futuristic and colorful commercials you see in cities like Tokyo but then projected somewhere.
Not all who wander are lost...