Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Classified Item No. 709
After doing a ton of balance testing with level 58+ encounters, it seems like the single mod that is required to beat the faction encounters in the outlands is Classified item No. 709. It's my opinion that the stats are way to OP and the mod needs to be rebalanced. Our options are:

1. Remove the mod from the system and refund everyone's money who has it.
2. Decrease the stats on the mod (allow refunds of the mod for players who are no longer interested in it. 
3. Break the mod up into 3 versions of the mod with 1 stat each.

The faction encs would then be rebalanced and made (slightly) easier.

I'm open to suggestions. 

Thoughts?
----
Gem Developer
[N8] is my homeboy
(10-23-2020, 06:25 PM)Noresist Wrote: After doing a ton of balance testing with level 58+ encounters, it seems like the single mod that is required to beat the faction encounters in the outlands is Classified item No. 709. It's my opinion that the stats are way to OP and the mod needs to be rebalanced. Our options are:

1. Remove the mod from the system and refund everyone's money who has it.
2. Decrease the stats on the mod (allow refunds of the mod for players who are no longer interested in it. 
3. Break the mod up into 3 versions of the mod with 1 stat each.

The faction encs would then be rebalanced and made (slightly) easier.

I'm open to suggestions. 

Thoughts?
I like No. 2
The problem with this mod is it's stats are unparalleled. It's more worth it to buy it than crusader and sentinel except for the fact that crusader helps you get it. It is completely broken, doing things such as allowing for invincibility. I do think that you should break it down in to parts... My best idea is, since the armor is arbitrary given other things, and speccing specifically in to reduction rather than reflection as it is far more valuable aside from these encounters where they're about equal, it would be better rather than to make them a mod with 50% red and a mod with 50% ref it should be a 25/25 and a 25/25 each costing 50 million. This A) significantly nerfs the mod, and B) for new players who have just arrived at 60 changes the dynamic of what they should buy first. Do they want a crusader and 1/2 of a 709 for encounters, a full 709, or ignore it entirely? I think that's our best option.
For option #2, given it's a 100 mil mod, its supposed to be a bit on the op side, so I think I would nerf it to 2 mod slots rather than a raw stat nerf. And to argue against option #1, well that's gonna cause some fireworks...

Back to my first point, if it were 50% reduction, I would treat it identical to the old 709, as in PvP encounters it works the same for invincibility and reflection isnt significant enough to hit your opponent that hard. And besides the reduction, it's all about recharge in PvP encounters, so that armor? Not gonna do anything.
this was inevitable.... dun dun dun!
I was trying to write an answer, but that mod is sooo op that there is no good choice Big Grin
If it is broken down into two parts, however it is done, just need to buy both and its the same result.
If stats lowered than because of reflect just need another reduction mod, and faction enc will go same way, only need Crus and can be done (maybe bit slower but thats all).
To make it not soo op, than lower stats and brake them into separate mods. Maybe a 35% reduction one and a 35% reflect one, both should get the extra armor. The reduction one still op so 100 mil for that. The reflection one not that op.
This will require ships to change their setups, and might not allow Crus only parties to win, But it will allow tanking build (no reflection).

Doesn't really matter which option, immortality in pvp will stay, that needs way more combat mechanic adjustments.
(10-23-2020, 07:17 PM)Troan Wrote: I was trying to write an answer, but that mod is sooo op that there is no good choice Big Grin
If it is broken down into two parts, however it is done, just need to buy both and its the same result.
If stats lowered than because of reflect just need another reduction mod, and faction enc will go same way, only need Crus and can be done (maybe bit slower but thats all).
To make it not soo op, than lower stats and brake them into separate mods. Maybe a 35% reduction one and a 35% reflect one, both should get  the extra armor. The reduction one still op so 100 mil for that. The reflection one not that op.
This will require ships to change their setups, and might not allow Crus only parties to win, But it will allow tanking build (no reflection).

Doesn't really matter which option, immortality in pvp will stay, that needs way more combat mechanic adjustments.
I dont like this so much, because I think for most ships it's at least doubling the amount of armor slots wasted already and it doesnt need further nerf.
Not really, for same reduction, just need one more slot. Reflection is not that important.
Reflection only needed if you want to throw aggro around, and that is what makes tanks obsolete. With 2 different and nerfed mods, tanking becomes useful again, since that doesnt need reflection (impossible to tank with reflect), and only one extra slot to get same reduction.
Depending on how successful tanking builds will be, might not need those mods on other ships, but using the current tactic with 3 crus will be harder or not possible (might make those encs need some thinking and tactic, not like now).
PVP immortality will still stay, even with this.

Threat system might make it different than i think, so need to test Smile
Nerfing this mod would simply force players to use alternate way of getting the same result. If it is necessary I would simply split in in two mods:
1. Damage resistance and armor
2. Damage reflect and armor

while keeping price tag of 100m for each.

If this is somehow related to reflect threat reduction a simple way to fix it would be to add ability to reverse threat effect of reflect damage for freighter class ship- instead of reducing threat it would increase it by the same amount. That would be built-in ability of freighter.
"In everything do to others as you would have them do to you. For this is the essence of the Law and the prophets."